Today's post will have everything to do with boxed tea. They sell them everywhere in Japan. Most often you'll see teenagers leaving the 7-11 with them as they go to cram school in the evening. For some reason they always give you a straw when you buy them. I normally drink right out of the carton when I'm at home.There are a variety of flavors; milk, grape, apple and lemon are the most popular. The milk one I haven't personally tried yet (though I can't say it sounds that good), but the fruit ones I have.
The lemon tea tastes exactly as you would think, tea with lemon in it. It is slightly sweetened and that's just the way I like my tea. This is a very basic tea drink that just about anyone can drink without too much trouble.
The apple tea is where I started looking closely at my decision to try as much as I could. It tastes like someone had just a half of a glass of black tea, and some waitress accidentally poured apple juice to fill up the rest of the glass. Its not bad after you get used to it, but it's certainly one of the stranger things I've tried so far. Not bad, but not my personal farvorite.

If I thought apple tea was strange, grape tea wins hands down. This is the same as the apple tea, except with grape juice. Compared to this I actually enjoyed the apple tea. At least with the apple tea the flavors went together ok. This is like mixing strawberries with prime rib. It doesn't sound horrifying, but the taste says otherwise. Personally I would stay away from this, if you happen to like a little grape juice in your tea then have at it.
Hopeully this was enlightening for some. This has been an experience, and I'm sure it will continue to be so. Next time I'll be tackling some of the beers, "beers" and "cocktails" I've sampled.
Look forward to it!
1 Comment:
gross
Post a Comment